Eyeko 3 in 1 Cream - Highlighter, Moisturiser and Eye Cream *Review*

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Today i'm going to do a little review of the Eyeko Limited Edition 3 in 1 Cream.



This little pot is a moisturiser, eye cream and highlighter in one with added Vitamin E and natural Jojoba. Eyeko say that the cream is ideal to use as a base under foundation or to wear on its own.




The Eyeko Cream comes in a cute little pink box decorated with sketches of their logo and the product itself. I was really impressed with the box and couldnt wait to see what the pot inside was like and then i was hit with a plain, unimaginative tub. Its pink with a simple 'Eyeko Cream' logo which you can see in my pics.



The product itself is a pearly pink marshmallow colour and has a thick consistency. I dont know about you but one of the first things i do when i get a new beauty product (especially ones i'm putting on my skin) is give them a great big sniff! and what hits me with the Eyeko Cream is that it has a funny smell that i cant quite put my finger on. Its definitely not sweet, for some reason it reminds me of a glue sort of smell :/ this made me apprehensive about putting it on my face but i soldiered on....




A good thing about this product is that a little goes a long way which is great as the pot is quite small. The cream sinks in quickly and leaves the face matte feeling but illuminated looking. A little note is that the cream is slightly sticky when first applying.




When using this as a primer the foundation application is nice and goes on smooth however once dry my faced looked quite cakey especially around the mouth and nose but this could just be that i have dry skin.




I havent found it to be very hydrating so wouldnt use this as a moisturiser but it does make a nice highlighter and i think it'd be nice to wear on holiday by itself for a nice dewy, glow look.


 

All in all this product wasnt a success for me but it may work for you. This was one of my first Eyeko products but hasnt put me off trying more in the future.

Have you tried any Eyeko products? Whats your fave?

Why not have a look around the Eyeko site and use my code when you checkout to receive a free gift: E14935 :)

xoxo

Photobucket

1 comment :

  1. I've read quite a few bad reviews on this, I found the same with the fat balm about the packaging, the box was covered in bright colours and animations, but the tube itself was just a boring grey

    x

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs