Nails of the Weekend - A leopard never changes his spots ...

Friday 24 June 2011

Ok so today i attempted my first try at nail art - leopard nails to be exact!

And while i bought the Models Own nail art pen on Wednesday with the plan to have some funky nails for the weekend i then lacked all inspiration until i came across Leanne's post and totally copied her *thanks doll* :)


Oh hai there pretty phone case :)

So like Leanne i used my Sphinx gold nail polish by 17 - love love love this colour. A rich gold with a greenish-bronze hint!
I then drew on the leopards spots (or curly c's) with the Models Own nail art pen using the nib applicator rather than the brush. I found this surprisingly easy to do and the pens nib releases just the right amount of polish.


woops! pre-tidy up pic *cant all be perfect nail artists* ;)

To add some colour i chose Barry M's Peach Melba. I didn't like this polish as an all over nail colour (i found the consistency rather watery and needed several coats before the desired colour was reached) but found it great for filling in the leopard spots :)


the 'ingredients'

Totally love this look and am already thinking about what i can try next with my nail art pen - leave your suggestions below :)

What do you think of my first attempt?

xoxo

Photobucket

7 comments :

  1. They look lovely, great first attempt. I keep meaning to buy that nail art pen!

    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab! Thanks for the mention!
    I love how leopard print looks and how easy it is to do! I'm gonna try rainbow leopard print next!
    Thanks for the mention
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those nails, they look so pretty!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow they look great! I would love to be able to do something like that but my nails are soo small haha.

    I would love it if you could check out my blog :)

    http://velvetpassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs