Purple is the New Black ...

Tuesday 6 December 2011













I am fully embracing my gothic side with this lipstick.

I wasn't sure about it at first as it seemed really dark but i think its because i tried it on after a long day at work (and late night shopping!) and nearly all of my makeup had worn off and i looked tired and pale.

Here we have 17's Lasting Fix lipstick in New Black. New Black is a deep, dark purple colour - I've been after a purple colour for winter for a few weeks now and literally spent an age in Boots looking at every purple they had ... as i paid at the counter my whole had was covered in swatches!

The packaging is sweet and sleek - smooth black casing with a dusky pink shiny metal tube. The tubing twists up to reveal the bullet and the casing is durable. Its been squishing around in my makeup for the last two weeks and not even a mark on it :)

Lasting Fix lipstick is fairly moisturising but as with all lip products i apply a small slick of lip balm before application to ensure a smooth finish. I find i can wear this colour best with a coat of clear lipgloss over it as the colour can be a bit uneven. It also takes a very steady hand to apply this colour, the slightest wobble and it shows up! You may benefit from a lip liner first ...

All in all this lipstick has really grown on me and is great to add a pop of colour to a neutral face during the winter months.

Have you dared to go dark for Winter?

xoxo




Photobucket

6 comments :

  1. This looks pretty, I've been looking for a perfect purple shade aswell! I've just picked up an MUA one for now whilst my search continues!

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so scary in the bullet, but it looks gorgeous on you - really suits you :) I wish I could wear these shades! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swatches really scared me but it actually looks gorgeous on you! You really pull it off x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I think I need this it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this looks gorgeous on! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fab on you. I need to be more adventurous with my lip colours and try something like this outside of my comfort zone.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs