Salted Caramel Granola

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Last weekend I wanted to cook up a batch of tasty granola to top some Greek yogurt I was saving as a sweet treat. Trying to find something different from the norm but still "clean" was a challenge - I searched Pinterest for ages and then decided to amend some of the recipes I found.

This recipe too around 2 and a half hours but it was cooked in the slow cooker and my gosh it is delicious!!

Firstly I gathered my ingredients and slow cooker and set to work...

I added a bag of mixed unsalted nuts to my blended and gave them a quick whiz so they were still a bit chunky.

I then added 4 cups of oats and blended mixed nuts to my slow cooker (set on high) and mixed thoroughly.



In a microwave proof bowl I mixed cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salted caramel extract and sea salt and blitzed for 30 seconds  then whisked with a fork.

Next I poured over the wet mixture and added a packet of Nakd's Salted Caramel fruit & nut nibbles and gave it a good stir.



I then checked the granola at half hour increments until it was lovely and toasted golden brown.

Once cooked I spread the granola out on a lined baking tray to cool completely and just before transferring to my storage container I added a handful of dark chocolate chips.



I love this recipe so much - it tastes like Crunchy Nut Granola! I have used it on so many meals and snacks -  topped on porridge, Greek yogurt, added to a banana sandwich, in smoothies! The possibilities are endless!



Ingredients:

4 cups of rolled oats
1 bag of mixed unsalted nuts (blended to a chunky consistency) 
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1/2 cup of cashew butter
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of salted caramel flavouring
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 bag of Nakd Salted Caramel fruit and nut nibbles
1 handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)

Method:

Blend nuts and add to slow cooker (high setting) with 4 cups of oats - mix well.

Add coconut oil, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salted caramel, sea salt to a microwave bowl and heat for 30 seconds - whisk with a fork.

Pour over oat and nut mixture, add Salted Caramel fruit and nut nibbles and combine.

Cook for 2-3 hours, stirring every half hour until golden brown.

Transfer to baking tray lined with parchment paper to cool.

Add dark chocolate chips and store in a sealed container.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs